Pendle Borough Council

A to Z of services

Licence - motor salvage operators

Close up of car wheel and headlightUnder the Vehicles (Crime) Act of 2001, any  person who carries on a business that involves the recovery of salvageable parts from motor vehicles and the subsequent sale or disposal for scrap of the remainder of the vehicle, or the purchase of "written off" vehicles for repair or resale, or other related activities needs to register with their local authority.

A fee is payable with each application (renewable every three years).


The fee will be £107.20 with effect from 1st January 2012

Contact details

Contact: Licensing Services

Department: Central Services

Telephone: 01282 661661

Fax: 01282 661630

Nelson Town Hall, Market Street, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 7LG

Search for other services by keyword

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.

Green Flag Award Liberata Positive About Disabled People Investors In People ERDF Pendle Borough Council