Pendle Borough Council

A to Z of services

Road markings and signage - road signs

School crossing road signLancashire County Council is responsible for installing signs to regulate traffic and to provide warnings to drivers of hazards ahead.

The signs that may be used on the public highway are controlled by government regulations (the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002).

If you think a sign would help at a particular location, please contact Lancashire County Council by calling the Customer Service Centre on 0845 053 0011.

Online service: Report a problem with a road sign or request a new road sign.


Information is available on Lancashire County Council's website at, or via telephone on 0845 053 0011 during office hours.

Contact details

Contact: Lancashire Highways

Telephone: 0300 123 6780

Area East Highways Office, Willows Lane, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 0RT

Search for other services by keyword

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.

Green Flag Award Liberata Positive About Disabled People Investors In People ERDF Pendle Borough Council