Pendle Borough Council
Weather has affected refuse/recycling collections today

For details of the collections and streets affected, click on the link below.

Information on disruptions to collections

A to Z of services

Cars for sale on the highway

Cars for Sale on the HighwaySelling a vehicle

The sale of motor vehicles from the public highway is an improper use of the highway entitling Pendle Council, Lancashire County Council or Lancashire Constabulary to take action to have the vehicles removed or the current owners prosecuted.

All streets within Pendle are designated as consent streets, which means it is an offence to sell anything from a street without a street trading licence.

Thinking of buying a vehicle?

If you're buying a used car privately, you should be doing the deal at the address shown on the V5/C Vehicle Registration Certificate (external link).

When you buy a car from a trader, you have legal rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (external link), as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 (external link) and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 (external link).

Online services:

  • If you think a trader is pretending to be a private seller, contact Lancashire County Council Trading Standards on 0845 600 1352 or 01772 533569 or complete their online complaint form.

Contact details

Contact: Lancashire Highways

Telephone: 0300 123 6780

Area East Highways Office, Willows Lane, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 0RT

Contact: Trading Standards Lancashire

Telephone: 08454 04 05 06 or 01772 533569

Fax: 01772 533591

58-60 Trading Standards Office, County Hall, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 0LD

Contact: Licensing Services

Department: Central Services

Telephone: 01282 661661

Fax: 01282 661630

Nelson Town Hall, Market Street, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 7LG

Search for other services by keyword

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.

Green Flag Award Liberata Positive About Disabled People Investors In People ERDF Pendle Borough Council